We survived September! Well, at least I did, I know things were more touch and go for teacher Kim, but she made it through the first month of back to school and came out mostly unscathed. Physically, maybe not emotionally… But here’s how last month went-
What Kate Read:
I was a little slow out the of the gate in September, but then my reading went into overdrive… partly because I had several books that I had to read and partly because I made the conscious effort to stay off the computer and tv in the evening, something I’m continuing to do (at least until Stranger Things season 2 drops). The Hubs has also been reading more, so it’s been nice curling up together and being nerdy. I ended up reading 23 books in all, but 2 were kids books and 1 was a middle grade novel which I read for work, 1 was a graphic novel and 1 was a super slim collection of short stories. I didn’t blog as much as I had planned, but between work, reading and celebrating my 15th wedding anniversary, I’ve been a busy bookworm. Maybe I’ll be better now that’s it’s October… but it is already October 4th and I’m just now getting around to posting September’s WrapUp… so we’ll see.
Most Favorite Reads: Odd Thomas (my millionth or so re-read), Autonomous, The Deal, The Good Daughter, Haunting the Deep were some of my favorites
Least Favorite Reads: What Doesn’t Kill Her (very cliched) and Five Nights at Freddy’s: The Silver Eyes (very slow and boring for a book about creepy animatronic animals and a serial child killer).
October is my favorite reading month, and I’ve already read some really great titles. Lots of bookish events going on, including Dewey’s 24 Hour Readathon. May the month bring you some spectacular and spooktacular reads!
What Kim Read:
What We Posted:
- Genuine Fraud by E. Lockhart ★★★★★
- Emma in the Night by Wendy Walker ★★★★
- It Movie Review: Chapter One
- This Is Our Story by Ashley Elston ★★★★
- Book Bloggers Dressed In Blood
- Fall Into Books
- Sundays In Bed With… The Cartel and Five Night’s at Freddy’s: The Silver Eyes
- Tell Me Something Tuesday: Fall Picks
- Twisty Tales
- Sundays In Bed With… This is Our Story
- Down the TBR Hole #2
- Top Ten Tuesday: Blast From the Blog Past
- Sundays In Bed With… The Vanishing Season and Live PD
- I Can Feel it Coming in the Air Tonight
- Top Ten Tuesday: This Fall I Want To Read Them All!
- King is King: Novels
- All the Deadly October Challenges
- Sundays In Bed With… Eligible and Autonomous
- Top Ten Tuesday: Great Kates