Join in on all the fun at The Broke and the Bookish!
Top Ten Books With Characters Named Kate (or Katie or Kathleen):
*I totally thought this was going to be easier when I picked this topic, since I just read a book with a Kate as the main character. But of course, it took me well over two hours.
- This is Our Story– my most recent Kate read. Kate Marino is a high school senior who has a work study job at the local prosecutor’s office. I am completely jealous of her.
- The Scorpio Races– sure she goes by Puck, but Kate Connolly is still the epitome of Kate’s everywhere- cool, daring and kick ass.
- Gone With the Wind– you may know her by Scarlett, but her true name is Katie Scarlett O’Hara Hamilton Kennedy Butler, thank you very much. 😉
- Vinegar Girl– Kate Battista is the modern Kate of Taming of the Shrew. I do love my taciturn Kates!
- Things I Can’t Forget– Kate was my first Miranda Kenneally heroine (although, to be fair, Matt Brown is one of my favorite book boyfriends every). This still remains my favorite Keanneally book, as it deals with a very taboo subject and it shows how we can grow if we open up our minds and our hearts.
- This Savage Song– Kate Harker burns down a school in the first paragraph. Well, she sets fire to part of it, but she’s another kick ass Kate.
- Lost Lake– Kate Pheris is a Kate set in a world of magical realism by one of my favorite authors, so of course I love her. 🙂
- Ocean City (or Making Waves)– I’m pretty sure that the reason I started going by Kate was because of Kate Quinn. Having been a Katie most of my life, I thought Kate sounded grown up and more independent. Now I go by Kate or Katie, it just depends on how you know me.
- Boy Meets Girl (Boy #2)– Kate Mackenzie, one of my many favorite heroines from the early aughts (back when I was reading a lot of contemporary romance often referred to as “chick lit”). I still love Cabot’s books (especially the Heather Wells books!)
- One Kick– Kathleen Lannigan goes by Kick, but she’s still a tough as hell Kate in my book. This was supposed to be the start of a series, but then Cain followed her editor to a different publishing house, so the second book (which is written) will never get published unless her new publisher decides to do it. Sadly, it also seems that Cain is mostly just doing comics/graphic novels at the moment.