I received this book for free from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Lucky in Love by Kasie West
Published by Scholastic on July 25, 2017
Genres: Contemporary, YA
Maddie doesn't believe in luck. She's all about hard work and planning ahead. But one night, on a whim, she buys a lottery ticket. And then, to her astonishment --
In a flash, Maddie's life is unrecognizable. No more stressing about college scholarships. Suddenly, she's talking about renting a yacht. And being in the spotlight at school is fun... until rumors start flying, and random people ask her for loans. Now, Maddie isn't sure who she can trust.
Except for Seth Nguyen, her funny, charming coworker at the local zoo. Seth doesn't seem aware of Maddie's big news. And, for some reason, she doesn't want to tell him. But what will happen if he learns her secret?
With tons of humor and heart, Kasie West delivers a million-dollar tale of winning, losing, and falling in love.
- Cute and adorable, but you knew it was going to be like that anyway.
- This cover!!!!!
- I’d be remiss if I didn’t point out that after winning the lottery the first thing you should do is get a financial advisor. But the whole book wouldn’t have happened if Maddie had done that so… oh well!
- On that note, it did annoy me that Maddie’s parents had NO CLUE of how to handle this situation. View Spoiler »Her mom, the sole breadwinner in the household, quit her job. « Hide Spoiler
- Bad choices abound, but Maddie learned some hard lessons from them so there’s that.
- Despite Maddie’s bad choices I really liked her. She really did have a good heart and just wanted to help people. She just didn’t know that money isn’t the answer to all the things.
- Seth was THE BEST. He was adorable and funny and was so good for Maddie. He becomes her safe place and it’s just all the cuteness there.
- Maddie really has to learn who to trust and it’s not easy. There were a couple of things unresolved that I wish were resolved, but I’ll get over it. There was one particular issue with a friend that I particularly liked how it was handled.
- If you like Kasie West or cuteness than I suggest you pick up this book.