Hello fellow readers! It’s hard to believe but 2017 is halfway over and summer is in full swing.
What Kate Read:
June was pretty busy for me. At the beginning I was still in New York attending Book Expo (which was a blast!), and the whole month was full – high school graduations, book clubs, parties, U2 in DC, work, briefly fostering a cat, briefly babysitting my nieces, reading. It went by so fast!
July should be a little slower, but I have to prepare to host a YA panel at my store (Jodi Lynn Anderson, Sarah Mylnowski and Adele Griffin), which I’m nervous/excited about. Thankfully I just listened to Eddie Izzard’s Believe Me, which is all sorts of coolness and hilarity and overcoming-ness, but also believing in yourself. So, thanks for the pep talk, Mr. Izzard!
What Kim Read:
June was good to me. School ended and I had plenty of reading time, reading a total of 13 books. My mom also came and visited and I really enjoyed that. We went through the rest of my house and filled up my trash bin on trash day (a rarity for me because I’m single and live alone) and made 3 trips to Goodwill. Now I just need to remember that I don’t need so much crap so I stop buying stuff.
Next month I begin teaching summer school, which is a bit of a bummer, but not too much because it’s only Mon-Thurs in the morning. I also hope to get outdoors more. I’ve been doing more mountain biking (I forgot how much I enjoyed it) and walking outside, mostly in my neighborhood, but I hope to hit up some local parks as well.
What We Posted:
- The Perfect Stranger by Megan Miranda ★★★★
- Bad Romance by Heather Demetrios ★★★★★
- The Thousandth Floor by ★★★
- Geekerella by ★★
- Sundays In Bed With… The Thousandth Floor… Maybe and Mister Tender’s Girl
- Midnight Hour Wrap Up
- Top Ten Tuesday: My Thrills, They’re Multiplying!
- Tales From a High School Teacher – All Wrapped up!
- Sundays In Bed With… The Glades, Riverdale and See What I Have Done
- Sundays In Bed With… Come Sundown and The Paris Wife
- Top Ten Tuesday: I’ll Read You, My Pretties, And Your Sequels Too!
- Sundays In Bed With… Gemina and Midnight at the Electric
- Top Ten Tuesday: The First Half of 2017