Sorry this is so late, May is crazy busy for me and Kate headed up to NYC for BEA so she isn’t around to do our post either. May brought in all the rain. Like all of it. It rained for days here. You’d think that would mean more awesome reading time but I was caught up in state testing and Kate was caught up in her two jobs and a trip. June will be awesome though. I know it.
What Kate Read:
Kate read 20 books in May. Unfortunately I haven’t had much bookish talk with Kate lately so I don’t know which ones were her favorites, but hopefully she’ll be able to chime in soon!
Kate here! So I read a lot this month and a lot of it was good! I can’t pick a favorite, but I will tell you some of the highlights. Right Behind You was another excellent Lisa Gardner thriller, Vinegar Girl was awesome and based on one of my favorite Shakespeare tales- Taming of the Shrew, probably because I have a weak spot for other surly Kates. 🙂 I read the novella The Blue-Haired Boy by Courtney C. Stevens because she was doing a writing workshop with Maggie Stiefvater and I really love her writing. Into the Water, while different than Girl on the Train, was quite good too. Waste of Space cracked me up. Kissing Max Holden was pretty much unputdownable, Boy on the Bridge was a great companion to The Girl with all the Gifts. Morte was fantastic (and the book club meet up was the best, especially after Robert Repino showed up and was awesome). The Child was another unputdownable thriller, and The Secret History of Twin Peaks gave me thrills, chills and strange ass dreams. So May was awesome, basically. 😉
What Kim Read:
I read 7 books in May, for me that’s a huge win. My favorite was definitely One of Us is Lying, with Lost and Found Sisters coming in a close second.
What We Posted:
- One of Us Is Lying by ★★★★★
- Top Ten Tuesdays: Books on Books
- Midnight Hour Wrap Up: April 2017
- Cory Doctorow at Fountain Bookstore
- Sundays In Bed With… Crooked Kingdom and Into the Water
- Sundays In Bed With… The Thousandth Floor and Waste of Space
- Top Ten Tuesdays: She’s a Bad Mama Jama!
- Sundays In Bed With… The Thousandth Floor and When I Am Through With You
- Sundays In Bed With… Beauty Queens and The Secret History of Twin Peaks
- Top Ten Tuesday: We’re Coming For You in 2017!