Oh, April. You started out pretty good. I enjoyed the rain. The last few days of April completely sucked though. But at least the books didn’t!
What Kate Read:
What Kim Read:
*Kate here, chiming in for Kim. Kim’s a high school math teacher so March, April and May are her crazy times, and this is her first year at the school she’s currently at. The crazy thing, at least in my opinion, is that Kim is a faster reader than I am (faster and probably better at retaining the book too), but I have lots more reading time than she does, plus whereas I once just blew off other adult responsibilities to read, now I can totally count reading as an adult responsibility since selling books is my job.
But hang in there, Kim! You’ll have plenty of time to read this summer!
You’re teaching summer school?
*Kim here – As the kids say these days – Facts. I am super busy with school and only read one book. I am also teaching summer school. It isn’t as much of a time suck as the regular school year because it’s only m-th in the morning. So I hope to read all the books this summer. Or you know, at least a few more than in the spring.
What We Posted:
- Anatomy of Innocence: Testimonies of the Wrongfully Convicted by Laura Caldwell, Leslie S. Klinger ★★★★
- The Bone Witch (The Bone Witch, #1) by Rin Chupeco ★★★★★
- Dear Ijeawele, or a Feminist Manifesto in Fifteen Suggestions by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie ★★★★★
- Things I Should Have Known by Claire LaZebnik ★★★★★
- Nemesis (Project Nemesis, #1) by Brendan Reichs ★★★★
- Wolf in White Van by John Darnielle ★★★★★
- The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot ★★★★
- Carve the Mark (Carve the Mark, #1) by Veronica Roth
- The Takedown by Corrie Wang ★★★★
- Fireworks by ★★★★★
- Swing Time by Zadie Smith ★★★
- Sundays In Bed With… With Malice & Rejected Princesses
- Top Ten Tuesday: I’m Your Biggest Fan(dom)!
- Book Tag- We’re It!
- Tales from a High School Teacher – Almost to the end!
- Sundays In Bed With… Romancing the Throne and Mikhail and Margarita
- Top Ten Tuesday: You Got What I Need to Read!
- Sundays In Bed With… With Malice and Down Among the Sticks and Bones
- Top Ten Tuesday: We Wouldn’t Read You With a Ten Foot Pole
- Twenty Four or One, There’s No Wrong Way to Readathon
- Dewey’s 24 Hour Readathon 4.29.17
- Sundays In Bed With… Readathon WrapUp and Current Reads