Join in on all the fun at The Broke and the Bookish!
This week’s topic is:
Top Ten Books I’d Name My Pets After:
- Daughter of Smoke and Bone (#1) by Laini Taylor- Karou was actually on the list of names I had before I got my Morkie last year. I wanted to give her a bookish or book inspired name, but I ended up going with Pages. I still love Karou’s name though.
- The Raven Boys (#1) by Maggie Stiefvater- Okay, I am maybe a little tempted to go out and get a bunch of rescue dogs and cats and name them after ALL of the characters in this book, but if I had to pick just one it would be Gansey. And then, of course, I’d have to get a Blue.
- A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire #1) by George R.R. Martin- Tyrion Lannister is my favorite, but there’s just so many great names! One of my favorite names is Benjen, because I love the name Ben, but not so much Benjamin. Then’s there’s Arya, and Podrick, Gendry, Renly, and so many others that I’m blanking on right now.
- Lonely Werewolf Girl (#1) by Martin Millar- Kalix is totally the name I’m saving for when I get a wolf cub… you know, like one does.
- City of Bones (#1) by Cassandra Clare- I am not even a fan of this series, it was just okay, but I LOVE the name Clary. It was on my list of potential names for Pages (before she was Pages).
- Vampire Academy (#1) by Richelle Mead- She’s not my favorite character of the series, but I love the name Vasalisa, although I’d probably go for the nickname Vassa rather than Lissa.
- Dangerous Creatures (#1) by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl- Ridley is my favorite character from the two series, and I think it makes a great pet name!
- Jackaby (#1) by William Ritter- I’m really loving this series, but I especially love Jackaby‘s name.
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern- Every book lover should have a Poppet and a Widget and a Bailey from the Night Circus. I need three kittens- 2 of them need to be gingers- stat! (Don’t tell the Hubs, we’ll just say I “found” them, okay?)
- The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin- I actually DID name a pet after the character, Turtle. It was a dog, and people thought I was strange, but Turtle was sweet.