Join in on all the fun at The Broke and the Bookish!
This week’s topic is:
Top Ten Books I Want To Read This Fall:
- Lady Cop Makes Trouble (Kopp Sisters #2) by Amy Stewart- I really enjoyed Girl Waits With Gun, which was the first book, and I love that it’s based on an article with that same title that Stewart found. I am all about the kick ass ladies these days.
- The Boy Is Back (Boy #4) by Meg Cabot- It’s been too long since I read a Meg Cabot contemporary romance, so I’m super excited about this one, and I have the eArc! It’s nice to have some romance to balance out all the dark stories I like to read during the Fall.
- Ghost of a Potion (Magic Potion Mystery #3) by Heather Blake- I love this series, but I’m scared that there won’t be any more books in this series because at least for the time being her publisher hasn’t contracted any more books.
- Hidden Bodies (You #2) by Caroline Kepnes- Her first book in this series was so messed up… and I loved it, so I’ve just been waiting for Fall to treat myself to the second book.
- The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco- I love, love, love The Girl in the Well books, which to me were like Anna Dressed in Blood meets The Ring, so you can bet I’m excited to read this first book in Chupeco’s new series.
- Gone With The Witch (A Wishcraft Mystery #6) by Heather Blake- I really enjoy Blake’s cozy, magical mysteries, and really, what better time of the year to curl up with something like this? I need something to counter all the My Favorite Murder podcast binge listening.
- Year of Yes by Shonda Rhimes- I can’t believe I haven’t listened to this yet, but I feel like it’s something I need to read before ending this year. Plus, the journal comes out soon, and I have the eArc for it, so I need to read this first.
- A Head Full of Ghosts by Paul Tremblay- I’ve had a few people who recommended this book to me, and tis the season, so I’ll be listening to this one soon!
- The Last Policeman (The Last Policeman #1) by Ben H. Winters- This is one of those books I meant to read… but haven’t. However this is the book that we picked for our October bookstore book club read, so I will finally get to it! I really liked his Underground Airlines, and the plot summary for The Last Policeman sounds so good.
- Welcome to the Night Vale by Joseph Fink and Jeffrey Cranor- I totally did not know this was based on a podcast, so I guess I’ll be going down that rabbit hole next. 🙂 Reading this for one of my library book clubs.
What books are you looking forward to reading this Fall?