Join in on all the fun at The Broke and the Bookish!
This week’s topic is:
Top Ten Books Ten Books That Have Been On My Shelf (Or TBR) From Before I Started Blogging That I STILL Haven’t Read Yet
So I started blogging in 2009 (I can’t believe that!). I’ve always had a bit of a TBR, but a lot of it was books I started to read and just didn’t finish. Those were the dark days, before I discovered book blogging and bought books that were prominently featured in supermarkets. I re-read a lot of books back then because I thought new authors and new books were hard to find. I was an idiot. So, a lot of my old TBR has since been culled. This is pretty much what remains.
- Good Omens – one of those books that I still can’t believe I haven’t read yet. What the hell is wrong with?
- Silver Wedding and
- Firefly Summer – These 2 are part of a Binchy Omnibus I have, the third is the Lilac Bus, which Goodreads has assured me I’ve read. I may have read one of these back in the 90’s when I first discovered Maeve Binchy, but I can’t remember. If I ever were to time travel, it would seriously just be to go back in the mid-80’s to buy Past Kate a freaking Book Journal. I only started recording in early 2008. (I know, I should probably go back in time to effect some real positive change, but I read 11/22/63, and I know that shiz rarely works out. Plus being a woman and trying to time travel past when we got the right to vote or had tampons seems like nightmare).
- Heroes: Saving Charlie– The Hubs and I came late to The Heroes party, so we watched Season 1 all at once, and it was great (Season 2? Not as great). But we both loved Hero’s storyline with the waitress, Charlie. The Hubs bought this for me for Christmas, but it’s been on my shelf for-freaking-ever. Sorry, Hubs.
- Book Lust– another gift from the Hubs- I have read some of this, but I just need to sit down and read it all.
- Perfume– we really loved this movie, and rushed to get the book. Which I’m at least half-way through (it’s been like a decade, but I still have the bookmark in it). But then I dropped part of it in a bath, so I set it to dry (it’s a little warped, but not destroyed). But I lost my momentum and still haven’t picked it up. Sorry, book.
- Roald Dahl’s Omnibus– I read a few of the first stories. But it’s HUGE. I keep telling myself that I’ll read a story a day… but it’s butt has been on my shelf for a very long time, and many moves.
- Abarat #2 – welp, the first one sat on my shelf for years before I finally read it, so it seems only fitting.
- Horrors! – this book pre-dates The Hubs. I used to work at the mall when I was in my early 20’s, and I would run up to Waldens on my lunch breaks, and I’m pretty sure this was on sale. Plus, I’m a scary story girl. And I have read a lot of these, but not all. Someday. Right?
- Dragonfly in Amber– I liked Outlander (not with the passion of a million burning suns like a lot of fans, but I liked it). I want to continue with the series. But I couldn’t get into this book. Not that I gave it much of a chance. Seriously, I doubt I’ve gotten to page 50 yet. I will try again… someday… when I have time…