Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by the awesome people at The Broke and Bookish, who love lists as much as I do!
Top Ten Things Books Have Made Me Want To Do or Learn About After Reading Them
1. Breathe, Annie, Breathe made me want to become a runner. I still sometimes think about becoming a runner, but…. it’s probably not ever going to happen.
2. 11/22/63 made me want to learn more about the assassination of JFK, which worked out good because my mom knows a lot about JFK.
3. Nefertiti made me want to learn more about early Egyptians. I’ve read a couple of other books similar in nature and enjoyed all of them.
4. Wild made me want to go hiking, which is completely ridiculous because I am not an outdoorsy person AT ALL. I really, really hate bugs.
5. Master of Murder made me want to become a writer. This was a short lived fantasy as I realized rather quickly that I don’t like writing.
6. Ruby made me want to go to the bayou, which I got to experience a bit of two years ago when I went to New Orleans.
7. Angels Fall made me want to become a chef. After I read this I got all gung-ho about cooking and like the writing, I quickly realized that I am not meant to be a chef.
8. Confessions of a Shopaholic made me want to go to England. It’s still on my list of places to go!
9. The Client made me want to become a lawyer, until I realized how much more schooling I would need to do. Sometimes I still wish I had become a lawyer, but then I remember how much I love my job.
10. I know it’s not a book, but Twister is the reason why I love any and all natural disaster stories. I gobble them up like nobody’s business. I know this sounds awful but when they happen in real life I am enthralled with the tv coverage, but please note that I do not ever want them to happen or to see anyone get hurt/die because that’s just not cool.