I received this book for free from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Listen to Me by Kristen Proby
Series: Fusion #1
Published by William Morrow on April 12, 2015
Genres: Adult, Contemporary Romance
Seduction is quickly becoming the hottest new restaurant in Portland, and Addison Wade is proud to claim 1/5 of the credit. She’s determined to make it a success and can’t think of a better way to bring in new customers than live music. But when former rock star Jake Keller swaggers through the doors to apply for the weekend gig, she knows she’s in trouble. Addie instantly recognizes him—his posters were plastered all over her bedroom walls in high school—he’s all bad boy...exactly her type and exactly what she doesn’t need.
Jake Keller walked away from the limelight five years ago and yearns to return to what’s always driven him: the music. If he gets to work for a smart-mouthed, funny-as-hell bombshell, all the better. But talking Addie into giving him the job is far easier than persuading her that he wants more than a romp in her bed. Just when she begins to drop her walls, Jake’s past finally catches up with him.
Will Addie be torn apart once again or will Jake be able to convince her to drown out her doubts and listen to her heart?
What I Thought…
• Listen to Me was so hard to put down! I absolutely adored Addie and Jake, both together and on their own.
• There was just the right amount of drama in Listen to Me. Enough to keep things interesting (no one wants to read the mundane) but not so much that it’s completely unrealistic.
• Jake is a former rock star and I love how this angle played out. It was there and came up, but Jake was a little awkward about it which made it cute and he wasn’t all spoiled which I appreciated.
• Addie has a bad habit of picking men that are no good for her. She likes the bad boys, which hasn’t been working out for her. A lot of time when this happens they go after the opposite kind of man, but I like that she went after Jake anyway (even though she was telling herself it was a bad idea).
• Addie and four of her friends own Seduction, a restaurant. I love how this was woven into the story and I can’t wait to get the stories of her friends. There is definitely quite a few things going on there, and should lead to more good stories.
• Jake and Addie together were completely adorable. They had lots of fun joking between them, but they also had moments with lots of feels. It was so sweet that Jake knew what Addie needed and pushed her a bit, but also knew when to hold back.
• I really liked Jake’s best friend Christina. She is exactly the kind of friend he needs, someone who isn’t going to hold back on his account. Jake has some issues (he feels that something is his fault, and it weighs on him) to work out where she is concerned, but he would do anything for her.
• Listen to Me also has plenty of swoons and feels!
Overall Listen to Me is a great start to a new series and I can’t wait to read the next one!