I received this book for free from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Keep On Loving You by Christie Ridgway
Series: Cabin Fever #4
Published by HQN on January 26, 2016
Genres: Adult, Contemporary Romance
Mackenzie Walker's siblings have all found their happy-ever-afters, but she has everything a single girl needs in her California mountain hometown. Family, friends, a thriving business…and memories of Zan Elliott, her first love, whose touch—and betrayal—she's never forgotten. Now, ten years after he left town, Zan returns to manage his late grandfather's estate…and flip Mac's life upside down with one heated glance.
Documentary filmmaking has taken Zan all over the globe, yet nowhere was far enough away to make him forget Mac. Seeing her ignites their incredible chemistry all over again. Mac's trust won't be easily won, however, especially when Zan's inheritance jeopardizes her family's hard-earned dreams. But every moment together is challenging Zan to stop living life through a lens and dare to let his guard down for a chance at forever…
What I Thought…
• I love a good second chance love story. I enjoy watching the characters muddle through their history to figure out their future. Mackenzie and Zan have spent the last 10 years apart, and not even talking, which makes for an interesting backstory.
• Zan has a lot going on in his head that causes him to make the decisions that he does. I get where he is coming from, but I appreciate that the Walker family just isn’t having it. His persistence regarding Mackenzie is also adorable.
• Mackenzie is a strong woman – at least to the outer world. She has some issues obviously but she looks out for her family and owns her own business. She also doesn’t want to rely on Zan, though she comes to learn that relying on someone sometimes isn’t a bad thing.
• Keep On Loving You had a cute secondary romance. Normally these don’t work for me as I feel they take away from the main romance but Tilda and Ash were just so cute together that I couldn’t help but want to know more.
• Keep On Loving You had humor and plenty of feels in it. It’s hard not to feel for the hardships of Zan and Mackenzie’s past!
Overall I especially enjoyed Keep On Loving You and would recommend it to any romance fan!