I received this book for free from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Thrill Me by Susan Mallery
Series: Fool's Gold #18
Published by HQN on July 28, 2015
Genres: Adult, Contemporary Romance
Maya Farlow learned the hard way to depend only on herself, so when she fell too deeply for the bad-boy charms of Del Mitchell, she did the only thing she could—she ran. Stunned, Del left Fool's Gold to make his name and fortune in extreme sports.
Now ten years later, Maya's been hired to promote her hometown's new slogan, The Destination for Romance. The celebrity spokesman is none other than Del, the man she dumped but never forgot. Awkward!
Although Del's not the type to hold a grudge, he's determined to avoid falling a second time for the woman who broke his heart. He's a daredevil, not an idiot. Trouble is, in all his adventures, he never found a rush as exhilarating as Maya's kiss. Maybe risking his heart will prove to be the biggest thrill of all…
What I Thought…
• I’ve read the Fool’s Gold series for quite some time now, but I was worried about reading Thrill Me as I DNF’d the previous book in the series. I’m pleased to say that Thrill Me brought back the Fool’s Gold love.
• Maya and Del were a good fit and I enjoyed their second chance romance. Maya was a bit too insecure for me, but I loved how her and Del worked through it.
• Two of my favorite characters in the series are Eddie and Gladys, two older ladies that like to cause a lot of trouble, and boy did they in Thrill Me (it all worked out for the best though).
• Del has an interesting family history and I’m curious to see what is going to happen with the rest of his brothers and how his family works everything out.
• I did not agree with Del’s mothers decision at all. It also put a lot of unneeded pressure on Maya, which I didn’t like either.
Overall I enjoyed Thrill Me and would recommend it to those that love the Fool’s Gold series.