I received this book for free from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Jesse's Girl by Miranda Kenneally
Series: Hundred Oaks #6
Published by Sourcebooks Fire on July 7, 2015
Genres: Contemporary, YA
Everyone at Hundred Oaks High knows that career mentoring day is a joke. So when Maya Henry said she wanted to be a rock star, she never imagined she’d get to shadow *the* Jesse Scott, Nashville’s teen idol.
But spending the day with Jesse is far from a dream come true. He’s as gorgeous as his music, but seeing all that he’s accomplished is just a reminder of everything Maya’s lost: her trust, her boyfriend, their band, and any chance to play the music she craves. Not to mention that Jesse’s pushy and opinionated. He made it on his own, and he thinks Maya’s playing back up to other people’s dreams. Does she have what it takes to follow her heart—and go solo?
What I Thought…
• I don’t think Miranda Kenneally could write a book I didn’t like. As always Jesse’s Girl was sweet and fun and tackled some issues as well.
• Be fully prepared to not only being singing Jesse’s Girl in your head, but tons of other songs as well.
• I loved all of Sam and Jordan’s appearances, especially the first one.
• I’m not a country music fan, but I can appreciate Jesse (he was also pretty adorable and handled his fame pretty well). Jesse has quite a bit of family stuff going on, that of course the press don’t know about. His family isn’t supportive of him which just makes me sad.
• Maya is awesome. She knows what she wants and likes and wants to go after it. She has a rough couple of days due to a jackass (and seriously, he is totally not awesome) and then has her career day meet and greet with Jesse that was totally awesome and fun.
• I absolutely loved that Jesse and Maya are so different but that works so well for them. Also they communicate (for the most part) which I appreciate as well.
• I loved that Maya was willing to risk being on her own to try out for the music show and what she gave up to be able to go.
Overall Jesse’s Girl is another win from Miranda Kenneally!