I received this book for free from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Can't Fight This Feeling by Christie Ridgway
Series: Cabin Fever #3
Published by HQN on June 30, 2015
Genres: Adult, Contemporary Romance
Blue-collar landscaper Brett Walker has no interest in the Hollywood vacationers flocking to his hometown in the California mountains. But the scarred ex-soldier does have a duty to protect Blue Arrow Lake—and the family ski resort—from a serial burglar. So when he suspects a break-in, he takes action…and ends up catching sinfully tempting down-on-her-luck heiress Angelica Rodriguez. She reminds him of trouble, but he can't deny her a safe place to stay—in one of his cabins.
Angelica has plenty of reasons to distrust—losing her money to her father's legal woes being one of them. Getting up close and naughty with rough, tough and sexy Brett tempts her out of her comfort zone and into the arms of a man who's not from her wealthy world. She's after safety and he's chasing justice, but the fire between them might reveal that all they want is each other.
What I Thought…
• I was in a reading funk for a couple of weeks and this was the first book I read cover to cover in awhile. I finished Can’t Fight This Feeling in the middle of the night when I was having trouble sleeping and I do not regret my choice!
• Angelica and Brett were a lot of fun. They had mutual attraction, and some mutual “must stay away” going on too. They were cute and fun, even when they were being serious. They both had some issues heading into the relationship and they dealt with them as normal people often do, which I appreciate. The drama wasn’t over the top ridiculous, just there.
• Can’t Fight This Feeling is also about friendships. As Angelica is fairly new to town she doesn’t come with a ready made set of friends, but rather has to go through the process of finding friends as an adult, which is hard! I love the strong friendships and how supportive they were of each other.
• There was a little bit of suspense thrown in to the book, which I liked as it added to the story rather take the focus away from the couple. It was easy to figure out the guilty party, but it didn’t matter to me.
• The only thing about Can’t Fight This Feeling that I didn’t much care for was the side romance between Angelica’s friend and a newcomer. I’m not a huge fan of side romances so it has to be very special to work for me, and this just didn’t make the cut. It didn’t get in the way too much, I just could have done without it.
Overall I am enjoying the Cabin Fever Series and I can’t wait to see what’s next!