I received this book for free from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.The Trouble With Love by Lauren Layne
Published by Loveswept on March 3, 2015
Genres: Adult, Contemporary Romance
As Stiletto magazine’s authority on all things breakup-and-heartache, Emma Sinclair writes from personal experience. Five years ago, Emma was Charlotte, North Carolina’s darling debutante and a blushing bride-to-be. Now she’s the ice queen of the Manhattan dating scene. Emma left her sultry Southern drawl behind, but not even her closest friends know that with it she left her heart. Now Emma’s latest article forces her to face her demons—namely, the devilishly sexy guy who ditched her at the altar.
After giving up everything for a pro-soccer career, Alex Cassidy watches his dreams crumble as a knee injury sidelines him for good. Now he’s hanging up his cleats and giving journalism a shot. It’s just a coincidence that he happens to pick a job in the same field, and the same city, as his former fiancée . . . right? But when Emma moves in next door, it’s no accident. It’s research. And Alex can’t help wondering what might have been. Unlike the innocent girl he remembers, this Emma is chic, sophisticated, and assertive—and she wants absolutely nothing to do with him. The trouble is, Alex has never wanted her more.
What I Thought…
• I read the 3 previous books right before this one (the best way to read a series in my opinion) and that really ramped up the tension between Emma and Cassidy.
• I’m a huge fan of the reconciliation romances. I love watching a couple come together for the second time, figuring out what went wrong the first time and how they can make it work the second time.
• Emma is a writer for a magazine and is essentially told to write an article about her ex boyfriends for the magazine. As expected Emma learns a lot about herself as she starts to talk to her ex boyfriends to find out what their side of the story.
• Emma and Cassidy really are great together. And I love watching them come to terms with there previous relationship. I appreciate that Layne didn’t tell you right off the bat what went wrong and it slowly unfolded.
• There is a lot of witty banter between the two that will have you laughing.
• Out of all four books this one gave me the most feels.
Overall I would recommend The Trouble With Love to anyone who enjoys the coming together for the second time type of romances!