2014 Reading Stats
Number Of Books You Read:240 and counting
Number of Re-Reads: 5
Genre You Read The Most From: Paranormal, I guess?
Best in Books
1. Best Book You Read In 2014?
Best YA: The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski
Best Book Club Read: The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd
Best Adult: Lost Lake by Sarah Addison Allen
Best Audio Book: John Dies At The End by David Wong
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
Winterspell by Claire Legrand.
I so wanted to love this book, but it I couldn’t even finish it. The cover is gorgeous, it’s based on The Nutcracker… it should have been an easy book to love, but what I read of it was painful.
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read in 2014?
Bloodlines by Richelle Mead- I had no clue how much I would end up loving this series, none. It completely surprised me, but it’ll go down as one of my all time favorite series.
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did) In 2014?
The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski! Seriously, if you haven’t read it yet, it’s through no fault of mine- it was holyshizthisbookisamazingyouhavetoreadit love at first sight for me and this book.
5. Best series you started in 2014? Best Sequel of 2014? Best Series Ender of 2014?
Best Series – Bloodlines by Richelle Mead (naturally!)
Best Sequel – Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle #3) by Maggie Stiefvater- amazing series!
Best Series Ender – Tie between Dreams of Gods and Monsters (Daughter of Smoke and Bone #3) and Blood of My Blood (Jasper Dent #3) by Barry Lyga
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2014?
Richelle Mead and Marie Rutkoski.
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
The Ground Beneath Her Feet by Salman Rushdie… It kind of defies genre, and it’s a book I read on the sole basis that it inspired a song of the same title by U2… and had been on my tbr list for over a decade.
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
Fear Nothing (Detective D.D. Warren #7) by Lisa Gardner
9. Book You Read In 2014 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
Lost Lake by Sarah Addison Allen
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2014?
Jackaby by William Ritter
11. Most memorable character of 2014?
Kick Lannigan from One Kick (Kick Lannigan #1) by Chelsea Cain
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2014?
Tie- Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater
Green Witch (Green Angel #2) by Alice Hoffman
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2014?
The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd- it definitely made me think a lot of how far we’ve come in this country in regards to women’s rights and equal rights, but how very far we still have to go, and how close the past still is.
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2014 to finally read?
Dracula by Bram Stoker- seriously, it’s embarrassing, how I avoided reading it for so long! Don’t tell anyone, they might come and take my Midnight Book Girl card away. 😉
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2014?
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2013?
Longest – Dangerous Women edited by George R. R. Martin – 736 pages
Shortest – The Dark Man: An Illustrated Poem by Stephen King- 88 pages, but only a few lines on every other page. I’m not counting all the novellas and short stories I read. 😉
17. Book That Shocked You The Most
Shakespeare’s Trollop (Lily Bard #4) by Charlaine Harris. I like this series okay enough, but this book may have put me off from it. The shocking part was the amount of slut shaming that occurs in regards to a supporting character.
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
Sydney and Adrian from Bloodlines. Dido and I will be onboard singing long after everyone else is safely in their lifeboats and vests. 😉
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
John and Dave from John Dies at the End by David Wong. They have an epic bromance.
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2014 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
Stone Cold Touch (The Dark Elements #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
21. Best Book You Read In 2014 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2014?
Too many to pick from, but I’ll with Lennox from Dangerous Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
23. Best 2014 debut you read?
Rites of Passage by Joy N. Hensley- there were a lot of great debuts this year, but I had to go with the first one that popped in my head.
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
The Young Elites by Marie Lu
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
Hellhole by Gina Damico
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2014?
Uninvited (Uninvited #1) by Sophie Jordan- cried ugly tears of injustice over this one.
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
The Last Best Kiss by Claire LaZebnik
Breathe, Annie, Breathe by Miranda Kenneally.
I love these authors, and they write amazing books, I don’t know why you aren’t reading them right this very minute.
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
Dark Places by Gillian Flynn
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2014?
The Ground Beneath Her Feet by Salman Rushdie
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
Life By Committee by Corey Ann Hayde- it was a 5 star read, but some of things happening had me yelling at the book like that loud chick in the movie theater of a horror movie.
My Bookish/Blogging Life
I skipped this part- I may come back to it, but I’m trying to type this up before work, and it would take too much time.
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2014 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2015?
The Twelve by Justin Cronin- it’s been on my audiobook tbr for far too long!
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2015 (non-debut)?
The Ruby Circle (Bloodlines 6) by Richelle Mead
3. 2015 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
Dead To Me by Mary McCoy- I read the arc months ago, and loved it. I can’t wait to get a finished copy… but I have to wait until March!
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2015?
The Ruby Circle (Bloodlines #6) by Richelle Mead. Well, dreading too, because it’s going to be sad saying goodby.
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2015?
COMMENT MORE!! I was really happy with my blogging in 2014, although there were a few slacker months. But my commenting on blogs went down the toilet.
6. A 2015 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommended To Everyone:
The Winner’s Crime (The Winner’s Trilogy#2) by Marie Rutkoski- an amazing sequel to an amazing book!
Phew! That was a lot of work, but I loved filling this survey out! I hope you all do so as well, or at least share your best and worst of 2014 posts with me!
HAPPY FREAKING NEW YEAR’S EVE!!!!!!!!!!