Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by the awesome people at The Broke and Bookish, who love lists as much as I do!
Top Ten Goals for 2015!
Book & Blogging Goals
1. Comment more. I was a terrible commenter in 2014. Terrible.
2. Blog more. I could make excuses for this with finishing up my first year of teaching this spring and starting my second year this fall, but that would just be an excuse. I had all summer to blog and I didn’t do much and this fall I’ve had time, I’ve just been lazy.
3. Change review format. I want to do something different for my reviews, but I don’t know what. Definitely looking to make them short and sweet though! I’m not a fan of long reviews.
4. Buy less books. I say this every year, but thanks to Delicious Library I finally cataloged all my books. It was so scary. I have so many and quite a few unread so I really need to cut back.
5. Write reviews after I finish the book. For awhile I was doing this and it was great. Then I would decide to start a new book and write the review later and then I end up not writing the review.
6. Clean out my bookshelves. I got a new bookshelf this year (thanks Kate!) and moved my dvd’s so that I could use my dvd shelf to hold books (which was actually pretty genius)and that’s about all the room I have left. I cannot fit any more bookshelves in this room so cleaning out some books is the answer.
7. Read my TBR books. If I don’t read them it’s like I threw money away and I don’t like to do that so I need to make a better effort to read them.
8. Make a bigger dent in my student loans (this goes along with #4). Poor choices in education led to a crap ton of debt in the form of student loans. I have a much better job now and I technically don’t need my part time job, but it’s an easy part time job so I’m keeping it until I pay off my student loans.
9. Make a healthier choices. Rather than say “I’m going to lose weight” or “Eat only healthy food” I’m setting my goal this year to making healthier choices. This sounds way more doable than the other two.
10. Get my yard under control. I am not an outdoor person. Nor do I care to do yard work. When I purchased my house I purchased it from someone who had someone come out and take care of the yard/garden/etc every week. I cannot afford to do that. Nor do I want to. But I do plan on hiring someone this summer to come in and trim some bushes so that I can maintain them (they are too much for me now) and get rid of the now atrocious plant area that is in the middle of my freaking yard!
What’s on your to do list for 2015?