I received this book for free from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.He's So Fine by Jill Shalvis
Series: Lucky Harbor #11
Published by Grand Central on September 30, 2014
Genres: Adult, Contemporary Romance
For Olivia Bentley, Lucky Harbor is more than the town where she runs her new vintage shop. It's the place where folks are friendly to strangers-and nobody knows her real name. Olivia does a good job of keeping her past buried, not getting too cozy with anyone . . . until she sees a man drowning. Suddenly she's rushing into the surf, getting up close and personal with the hottest guy she's ever laid hands on.
Charter boat captain Cole Donovan has no problem with a gorgeous woman throwing her arms around his neck in an effort to "save" him. In fact, he'd like to spend a lot more time skin-to-skin with Olivia. He's just not expecting that real trouble is about to come her way. Will it bring her deeper into Cole's heart, or will it be the end of Olivia's days in little Lucky Harbor?
What I Thought…
• In the last book, It’s In His Kiss we meet Sam, Cole and Tanner, and Cole is the main guy here. He was the one that I was most excited about and I’m happy to report that I wasn’t disappointed.
• Sam, Cole and Tanner’s friend Gil died in an accident a few years ago and Cole took it the hardest, and you find out why in He’s So Fine. I liked how this was done, and how Cole was working through his issues. Cole has a great relationship with his friends and family and I enjoyed his interactions with his sisters (he calls them the coven lol). Despite the fact that he is still dealing with Gil’s death he is still funny.
• Olivia isn’t my favorite girl in the series, (at this point it’s hard to pick favorites) but I liked her a lot. She is running from her past, but not for the typical reason that we often see in books. You get little glimpses into her past and it’s easy to understand why she didn’t want or need that life anymore. Olivia is pretty insecure and is constantly worried about her past coming up and ruining her happy life in Lucky Harbor.
• Olivia and Cole were super cute together. They have an interesting meeting that turns a little bit awkward and sets Cole up for a lot of ribbing from his friends. I enjoyed Cole’s pursuit of Olivia and how she ends up finally giving in.
• Obviously there is a big “incident” that causes Cole and Olivia to separate for a time. Sometimes in books this annoys me because it seems so trivial but it works well in He’s So Fine. Knowing Olivia and Cole you can see how it happened and they way they worked through it made perfect sense as well.
• I had a couple of small issues with Olivia and her past and her family (who are less than awesome) but it didn’t effect my enjoyment of the book at all. There is just too much other good stuff in He’s So Fine to worry about these things.
• As with all of the other Lucky Harbor books He’s So Fine is sweet, sexy and fun, with a little bit of heartache thrown in.
Overall I absolutely adore everything about this series and I wish that Lucky Harbor was a real place because I would live there in a heartbeat!
Grand Central Publishing is hosting a Giveaway for He’s So Fine!
About Jill Shalvis
New York Times bestselling author Jill Shalvis lives in a small town in the Sierras full of quirky characters. Any resemblance to the quirky characters in her books is, um, mostly coincidental. Look for Jill’s bestselling, award-winning books wherever romances are sold and visit her website for a complete book list and daily blog detailing her city-girl-living-in-the-mountains adventures.