Series: Lux #5
Published by Entangled Teen on August 5, 2014
Genres: Science Fiction, YA
Katy knows the world changed the night the Luxen came.
She can't believe Daemon welcomed his race or stood by as his kind threatened to obliterate every last human and hybrid on Earth. But the lines between good and bad have blurred, and love has become an emotion that could destroy her—could destroy them all.
Daemon will do anything to save those he loves, even if it means betrayal.
They must team with an unlikely enemy if there is any chance of surviving the invasion. But when it quickly becomes impossible to tell friend from foe, and the world is crumbling around them, they may lose everything— even what they cherish most—to ensure the survival of their friends…and mankind.
War has come to Earth. And no matter the outcome, the future will never be the same for those left standing.
What I Thought…
• Opposition is one of my favorite series enders ever. It was action packed and wrapped up the way I wanted it too. It was awesome. Amazing. Breathtaking. Seriously, you should read this series.
• If there is one thing I’ve learned about this series its TRUST NO ONE. No one is safe, ever, and that holds true in Opposition. She knows how to write twists that keep me on my toes.
• There have been a couple times in this series that Armentrout effectively rips out my heart and stops on it with things that happen to certain characters, and that happens again in Opposition. In my head what happens totally makes sense, but it broke my heart all the same.
• Daemon is one of my top ten favorite characters. Over the course of reading this series he has made me want to throw things and then immediately turn that around and make me swoon. I love how he feels about Katy and his need to protect her but also trust her at the same time. I love how inappropriate he is at times but that he balances that with legit ideas and plans for fixing things.
• Katy is still a good strong heroine who doesn’t take anyone’s crap, especially these invading Luxen. She smarts a little bit from what happened at the end of Origin, but still manages to stay strong for Bethany’s sake. And once things really start rolling she is back in action mode, determined to stay strong and fix things (as much as one person can) for the country.
• All my favorite secondary characters are around, Dee, Dawson, Archer, Bethany, Luc, and all are part of the fight. Ok, maybe not Bethany, but there are reasons, right? There is a lot of mischievousness going on with all of them involved.
• Despite all the fighting and saving the world, Opposition is just as steamy as the previous books.
• I can’t think of a single negative thing to say about Opposition other than the fact that I am sad that the series is over. I’m really going to miss Daemon, Katy and the rest of the gang!
Overall Opposition is a strong ending to a fantastic series. You won’t regret reading it!