Series: Lucky Harbor #4
Published by Forever on May 22, 2013
Genres: Adult, Contemporary Romance
Mallory Quinn has had enough of playing it safe. As a nurse and devoted daughter, she takes care of everyone but herself. And as the local good girl, she's expected to date Mr. Right. But for once, she'd like to take a risk on Mr. Wrong. And who could be more wrong than Ty Garrison? The mysterious new guy in town has made it clear that he's only passing through, which suits Mallory just fine. Besides, his lean, hard body and sexy smile will give her plenty to remember once he's gone . . .
For the first time in his life, Ty can't bear to leave. Helping this sexy seductress-in-training walk on the wild side is making him desire things he shouldn?t?including leaving the military for good. As their just-for-fun fling becomes something more, Mallory and Ty wonder if they could really be this lucky in love. After all . . . anything can happen in a town called Lucky Harbor.
What I Thought…
- I think it’s pretty much guaranteed that I will love every book in the Lucky Harbor series. I love this little small town. I love all the people in the town. I love that everyone knows everyone else’s business (though in real life I wouldn’t want them knowing mine).
- Jill Shalvis sure knows how to weave a story and keep you wanting more. I don’t think it’s ever taken me more than 2 sittings to read her Lucky Harbor books. They flow and make you feel and are just great reads.
- Ex-military heroes in books don’t always work for me. A lot of times the author tends to go overboard to make the über alpha and that is annoying, thankfully Ty didn’t fall into this trap. Ty was actually pretty sweet at times, without completely losing that rough edge.
- Mallory is a little too unselfish and has always been a good girl. It was good that her friends (Amy and Grace) were around to help her remember that she has to do things for herself too, and let out her wild side. She definitely does that with Ty, cause he is not the safe choice at all.
- The main plot is obviously Ty and Mallory. There are a few other things thrown in there, but it’s really about them finding themselves and each other. They have a lot of chemistry and sizzle between them, as well as a lot of things they have to figure out about themselves.
- Luck in Love is a bit sexier than the first three books. There are a few steamy scenes between Ty and Mallory.
- I missed the B&B sisters, I wish there were in this book a bit more. I fell in love with them all (especially Tara) in the first three books but there were really only a few appearances here and there
“Strength is the ability to break up a solid piece of chocolate—and then eat just one of the pieces.