When I saw the theme for this week, I just had to join in! Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Today’s question is:
Top Ten Bookish Confessions
Everyone has at least one bookish confession (and in my case I have six). Join us in spilling our deepest held secrets around one of our most beloved pastimes. Everyone has a bookish confession. What’s yours? If you have one feel free to share it, if not feel free to commiserate with ours -Julia
1. I used BookSwim (which is like Netflix for books) for over a year simply because I am so horrible about returning library books on time and am afraid that they have me on some national library fine registry. Eventually I stopped using BookSwim because I was convinced I could do better at the library, and I did for awhile…
2. You know those 100 Books You Should Read Before You Die or 100 YA Books You Should Read Before You Die lists? I always feel pressure to cheat on those. I will often say I’ve read the His Dark Material series, but I actually quit a 1/4th of the way into the third book. But I still count it. And Wuthering Heights and Dracula, never gotten through either of them but I feel I’ve made enough attempts to count them.
3. I love requesting books on NetGalley… I suck at actually reading the books I get approved for.
4. I used to read books aloud, imagining I had written them and was reading them to my fans/classmates/orphanage.
5. I don’t read while I eat… I eat while I read. Sometimes I will purposely eat food that’s easier to handle with one hand if I’m reading a paperback.
6. I love going to the book store and picking a pile of books off the shelves. Then I like to sit down and read the beginning of each book, determining which ones are good enough to come home with me.
7. I have read a lot of books for free at Barnes and Noble, and I don’t feel guilty about it. Most stand out titles: Eating the Cheshire Cat, Living Dead Girl and Perfect.
8. Some of the books that I display on my shelf aren’t necessarily books I enjoyed reading, it’s just I want people to know I’ve read them. On the flip side, there are definitely books I don’t display for the opposite reason.
9. I totally read in the bathroom.
10. I like big books, and I cannot lie, you other bloggers can’t deny…