I’m at the beach this week, so I thought I’d re-post this pic, since it’s of one of those beach dudes with the camera (the ones that take your family’s photo and then turn them into keychain picture viewers or coffe mugs). Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the fabulous The Broke and the Bookish, so stop by the site and join in on the fun! The topic this week is:
1. Elizabeth Bennet from Pride and Prejudice– so I could make out with Mr. Darcy.
2. Tris from Divergent– so I could make out with Four.
3. Heather Wells from the Big Boned– so I could make out with Cooper.
4. Darcy from Something Blue– so I could make out with Ethan.
5. Celia from The Night Circus– so I could be all magical… and make out with Marco. (or I’d be Poppet, since then I’d get Bailey…)
6. Anna from Anna and the French Kiss– so I could make out with Etienne.
7. Tonks from Harry Potter series- so I could make out with Remus.
8. Lizbeth Salander from The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo– so I could be all kick ass… and make out with Mikael Blomkvist.
9. Mara from The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer– so I could make out with Noah.
10. Sookie Stackhouse from Dead to the World– so I could make out with Eric Northman.
Seriously, I could list characters for days! I have no doubt that I will be smacking myself as I read all of your lists. And yes, I realize that my list is based on fairly shallow criteria, but I’m being honest, and I guess me being honest just reveals that I’m really shallow. That must be why I read, so that I can read about other people’s deep thoughts. Speaking of Deep Thoughts, for all of you midnighters old enough to remember the Jack Handy skits from SNL, here’s some Deep Thoughts:
- I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?
- I wish I had a dollar for every time I spent a dollar, because then, yahoo!, I’d have all my money back.
- Here’s a good trick: Get a job as a judge at the Olympics. Then, if some guy sets a world record, pretend that you didn’t see it and go, “Okay, is everybody ready to start now?”
- I think a good novel would be where a bunch of men on a ship are looking for a whale. They look and look, but you know what? They never find him. And you know why they never find him? It doesn’t say. The book leaves it up to you, the reader, to decide. Then, at the very end, there’s a page you can lick and it tastes like Kool-Aid.
- If you saw two guys named Hambone and Flippy, which one would you think liked dolphins most? I’d say Flippy, wouldn’t you? You’d be wrong though. It’s Hambone.
- I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children’s children, because I don’t think children should be having sex.
- f trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.
- Laurie got offended that I used the word “puke.” But to me, that’s what her dinner tasted like.