The Bloggiesta is an event that I always mean to participate in, but never do. However, 2012 is the year I take my blogging seriously and challenge myself to be excellent… It’s all very Dead Poet’s Society here. You can’t see it, but I’m standing on my laptop stand yelling, “O captain, my captain”, and Robin Williams is walking out the door. I always hate to see him go…
Sorry, I got off track again. But that’s part of the reason I’m doing this Bloggiesta. I’m just a little too easily distracted. I’ve done a fairly good job of keeping up with review writing, but it’s no surprise that I’ve fallen slightly behind. I also have some other goals that I need to catch up on this weekend.
So here’s what I hope to accomplish:
1. Write reviews for
- The Great Gatsby
- Ali and Ramazan
- Anna and the French Kiss
- The Hunger Games (re-read)
- and any other books I finish before this weekend
2. Write a few extra bookish posts (old favorites and prepare my Sundays in Bed With… post BEFORE Sunday afternoon).
3. Catch up on some of the panels that I missed for BBPOC
4. Comment on at least 20 blogs per day.
5. Work on my blog’s Facebook page (I’m hopeless at this, but I’m determined).
6. Mail off the signed copy of The Fault in Our Stars
7. Work on my Read-a-long idea and my Half-Read Readathon idea.
8. Work on my challenge idea for Dewey’s 24 Hour Readathon
9. Post all my 2012 reviews to Goodreads and Amazon.
10. Update my Books Read journal.
11. Update my Reading Challenges and make a post for my own Read Me Baby, 1 More Time challenge.
12. Start building my Readathon Pile O’Books.
13. Somehow accomplish all of this even though I have book club Sat evening and I’m working overnight that same evening.
I’m really looking forward to meeting some new bloggers (hopefully some that are going to BEA too!) and growing my blogging community. Sometimes I feel I just don’t put enough effort into connecting with other bloggers, and that’s something I’d really like to change.