1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
4am to 6am, when my unfortunate attempt to read with my eyes closed failed miserably.
2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
I really enjoyed reading Green Angel by Alice Hoffman, it was short, simple and bittersweet. And read graphic novels and kids books!
3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
You know what, I really missed the challenge where we had to make sentences out our books (using 3 or more). I was bummed to not see that on the challenge list.
4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
I was really happy with how many people twittered, it seems a lot more than last readathon, and we had some awesome cheerleaders!
5. How many books did you read?
8 plus 20 pages of a book that I gave up on
6. What were the names of the books you read?
Odd Is On Our Side by Dean Koontz, Green Angel by Alice Hoffman, The Beatles: The Illustrated Biography , Bunnicula Meets Edgar Allan Crow by James Howe, A Taste For Red by Lewis Harris, Kick-Ass by Mark Millar, The Talisman Vol 1 by Stephen King and Peter Straub, and The Exile by Diana Gabaldon.
7. Which book did you enjoy most?
I liked them all! But I’d probably most recommend Green Angel by Alice Hoffman.
8. Which did you enjoy least?
The only book I gave up on: Cathy’s Book (If Found Call (650)266-8233) by Stewart, Weisman and Brig. I think it’s something I’ll finish, but I just didn’t like it for readathon.
9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
I really would urge you to visit every blog on your list at least once, but then to also leave random cheers on blogs not assigned to you if you visit them. Pay attention to twitter, bloggers, especially the newbies, need comments to keep them alive. It’s kind of like the whole clapping you hands together to bring a fairy back to life.
10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
Oh, it is on like Donkey Kong!